Scottsdale Unified School District AzMERIT Informational Update
AzMERIT (Arizona’s Measurement of Educational Readiness to Inform Teaching) is Arizona’s new statewide achievement test. The Arizona State Board of Education adopted Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards in English language arts and mathematics in 2010. A new test was necessary to measure what students know and can do based on these standards. With higher standards, Arizona needed an assessment that reflects those expectations. Arizona is partnering with the American Institutes for Research (AIR) to develop tests which are unique to Arizona. Click here for more information.
We currently have 2 lunch/noon aide positions open. The hours are 10:00 to 1:00 daily. The aide’s responsibilities include student care and support in the cafeteria and playground. If you are interested in this position or have questions, please contact me, Mr. Akhbari at 480-484-5605 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can complete the job application here.
We will not check out students after 2:00 pm.
Consider putting lunch money on your student's account in case he/she forgets their lunch.
Reminder that we do not interrupt classes to let students know about lunches, homework, binders, instruments or after school sports clothing.
Volunteer Sign Up
Dear Cheyenne Parents,
If you are a Cheyenne volunteer and would like to help supervise students during lunch recess, the link below will take you to Signup Genius and will allow you to pick a date and a time according to your child’s recess schedule. Thank you for your gift of time!
Grace Stombres, Principal
Cheyenne Traditional School
Click on the link below.
School visits benefit both you and your student, and Cheyenne welcomes our parents to join us for lunch. Please help us make your visit as positive as possible by following these procedures:
- All parents and visitors must check in at the office to obtain a visitor’s badge.
- Your child will meet you in the cafeteria and will sit with you at the Family Lunch Table.
- Please do not invite your child’s friend or friends to join you and your child.
- If you are bringing items that contain nuts, please sit away from the peanut/nut restricted areas of the Family Lunch Table.
- Only parents who are volunteers may accompany students to the field for recess. If you are interested in becoming a Cheyenne volunteer, information and an application can be found under the Parent tab on the Cheyenne or SUSD website.
This policy exists to insure the safety of all of our students and we thank you for your cooperation.